Monday, August 5, 2013

The Best Couscous EVER!

So the other day a great friend of mine came over for a visit. We hadn't seen each other in ages and the best way for us to catch up was over our mutual love of food. When he gets into a kitchen he works miracles that just boggle my mind- so this is his recipe that he gave me permission to post. We made couscous, which generally I'm not a huge fan of the texture, but after this I fell in love.

2 c. couscous
1 c. water
1 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
1 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. pine nuts
1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese

Cook the couscous over a low heat as  you normally would, but add the orange juice in with the water. Once it's fully cooked turn off the stovetop and mix in the feta, most of the pine nuts and cranberries. Then when you serve it add the rest to the top!
It has such a great zingy flavor without being over the top orange. I had it for breakfast for a few mornings after that and let me tell you it got better each time I ate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment